Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

The Big Question About NonResident Candidates running in Local Elections



Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Do you want 4 more years of late night arrests????...": 

Are you truly a resident if all you have is a physical address? No your not but just have a valid WV drivers license and you can run for office.


 I live away from Pocahontas County now but still have a valid WV drivers license. I come back to visit every once in a while maybe 7 days out of the year.

 Do you think this makes me a "True Resident of the county?" In my opinion it does not but I could still run for an elected position and have my name on the ballot and continue to live out of the county and work my job and come back for 7 days of the year. 

To me this isn't right or what I would constitute as being a true resident. 

You should have to remain in the county if you want to run for any elected office. Like I said just have a valid WV drivers license with a Pocahontas County address on it and you can run for office. 

The guidelines clearly state that a physical address does not constitute residency but as you can see you can get away with running for an elected office by being untruthful like Sharp and Graham has demonstrated. 

5 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder what kind of elected official they would be . Consider the ethical implications and morals.
    The Road Runner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like that's illegal. You can't live in another state for more than a year without changing your drivers license. 🤔🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie is a good guy. He knows the area and people. I'm willing to bet he has more morals than many who are having a fit over him running. Vote sharp Make the Sharp choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggenbach was running for local judge and lives in Charleston...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giggenbach was running for local judge and lives in Charleston...

    ReplyDelete

We are making comments available again! You are free to express your First Amendment Rights Here!

About Me

A local archivist who specializes in all things Pocahontas County