Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2016

Approved for Magistrate



Citizens of Pocahontas County, I am Carrie E. Wilfong announcing my candidacy for re-election as your current Magistrate. 

I am a lifelong resident of Pocahontas County. Almost four years ago, you the citizens elected me as your Magistrate. 

At that time and today I am proud and thankful representing you. When you elected me you put your faith and trust in me to perform the duties of a Magistrate to uphold the Laws of the West Virginia Code that govern all of us. I work hard each day doing every aspect of my job upholding the laws so as a community we make our county the best place to live for every individual and family that resides here. I strongly believe in faith, family, and the safety of our community.

Prior to serving as your current Magistrate, I worked as Deputy Circuit Clerk for five years giving me over nine years experience to know how the judicial system operates. January 1st, 2013, I took office and quickly learned the necessary responsibilities to be a successful Magistrate.

 My goals were and still are to bring accountability and creditability back to our Judicial System by collaborating with the Sheriff’s Department, West Virginia State Police, and the Prosecuting Attorney’s office to maximize efficiency, most importantly being impartial in all of my proceedings and hearings. I feel I have achieved this goal and look forward to making even more improvements to our judicial system in years to come.

 As Magistrate, I have attended three West Virginia Supreme Court trainings, each training consisting of policies and procedures to help make me a proficient Magistrate. I have attended a West Virginia State Drug Conference in Charleston for our Drug Court System. For over three years I have served as a board member for North Central Community Corrections. I serve on the Pocahontas County Drug Court Treatment Team collaborating and participating with colleagues to combat the existing drug epidemic that plagues our community. 

As a Magistrate everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Each individual case presented before me is based on facts and evidence. My decisions are based on the Laws of the West Virginia Code that are set before me to exercise at my discretion implementing to the fullest extent of the law.

 I am fair and I am honest, but if you are found guilty you will be held accountable. I’m truly dedicated, love my job, and consider it to be 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days of the year profession. My office abides by an open door policy where I am accessible to you the citizens. 

When I am in the general public you can always approach me to ask any questions or concerns that you have. I always take the time to listen and give you my advice within my legal responsibilities. On May 10th I ask for your trust and to vote for experience, honesty, integrity and impartiality to keep me as your elected Magistrate.

1 comment:

  1. I was not aware of her backround and experience to be frank .
    I really like the innocent until proven guilty and the exercise at my discretion comment.
    That is the key to justice being able to use discretion . Feather or hammer or inbetween.
    Each case is differnt and we have seen others use thier power on us like they were hammers and we were nails. When there were other ways . Example Jerrys arrest .There was no need for Kelly to allow a midnight raid . Totally uncalled for . Makes me wonder why it was done. Its not like bloggers are
    Terrorist and a danger to the public.
    A fine example of a poor use of discretion by kelly.

    The Road Runner...

    ReplyDelete

We are making comments available again! You are free to express your First Amendment Rights Here!

About Me

A local archivist who specializes in all things Pocahontas County