Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Expanding the Definition of Community Service




Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Motion to Reduce Sentence": 

I read this petition and it made me sick to my stomach.


Let me tell you about a petition I filed about 17 years ago.my 14year old daughter was acting out,as teenagers will do at that age,so I went to the court house ,after a lot of soul searching,looking for help with her.I knew that she needed a firm hand to get her through and since everything I was doing hadn't worked,I thought a juvenile petition would make her listen. 

The judge talked to her and I believed that the scare would help.He gave her community service,and since we already volunteered at one of the county fire departments,I arranged to have her spend time cleaning there,she was put under the direct supervision of you guessed it Officer Brad Totten.he started a sexual relationship with her then,and it continued for years,of course I didn't find this out until all of this came out,how would you feel if it was your daughter?

I trusted him,at that point in time I trusted all police officers.



I often wonder how different things might have turned out if she had been supervised by a decent officer that actually cared about her,and didn't use her,

I'm sorry but a 14 year old cannot give consent, not to a 30 yr old. So the help I asked for was one great big joke,oh how he must have loved watching me drop my daughter off every Sat. 

For community service, how many other teenage girls did he do this to,that we didn't hear about?



 So when I read this petition, yes it makes me very nauseated to say the least,and so angry that I can't find the words to tell you! You see everyone doesn't really know about all the really deviant shit he has done,because he got to plea down From 60 plus counts to only one.and this is why,so he could buy the very best lawyer to file this petition. 

Do you really think that he will be suffering in his mansion on the hill?

No,he would be living in the lap of luxury, justice bought and paid for! 



This CANNOT be allowed to happen.  

It will send the message that what he did was okay.it will send the message to the girls he abused that they never mattered,and in his eyes they didn't! It will send the message to all the other officers that its okay to use their position to exploit young girls in trouble! 

They need to continue to investigate all his buddies(McMillion), and put them in there with him,then he wouldn't be so lonely, hell they could open a wing and put all the corrupt officers in there,and as far as the shower thing,he gets the opportunity to shower and shave EVERY Signal day! 

I'm sure that 60 counts over 20 yrs IS a sexual predictor! Think about the lives he ruined,can I get back the chance to help my 14 yr old,no I can't,that chance is long gone.the best thing that came out of all of this is the message it sent to the rest of them,abuse the power you have and you will be punished,don't send them a new message,one that says,its okay,you will only get a slap on the wrist,so go a head take advantage of these girls,no one cares. 




5 comments:

  1. Yes indeed you are 100% right .
    And what makes it ever more of a issue is we all know there were others involved and how the entire thing has been handled.
    The powers that be have done nothing to correct the issue and prove to the public they will try to keep it from happing again .
    The fact that children are considered barging chips by some in power indicates to me nothing has changed .
    Those in power are far more concerned about covering their own rear ends then fixing the problem and bringing justice to those who were abused.

    The Road Runner....

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sexual corruption runs on still with many state n county officers as well as the corruption of drugs missing from the evidence room that's used to pay for sex and information. how can you give someone drugs,(including prescription drugs that was legally possessed by those prescribed yet still wrongfully seized and when proven to be legit, even with magistrate orders to return the medications to the prescribed person, officers refused to return said medications because they had already "used" them up), as a "law officer"? its pretty bad when the cops are now drug dealers as well as patrons buying sex from addicted women of all ages. part of this is in reference to a camp site at the tunnels where pcsd did take legal prescriptions yet refused to return them even with orders from the magistrate that was all legit and even signed by the prosecutor. said person to this date has not been returned the medication nor other evidence that was seized and released nor do they even have it in the evidence room. kinda odd how things that are under security of an officer in this county keep coming up missing and or refused to be returned even with orders from the judge n prosecutor over the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also the corruption runs way up the ladder when 60 counts are reduced to only one so that the county is not bankrupted by all the civil suits there woulda been and that the county woulda def lost had ALL COUNTS and females cases brought about this had been heard, charged over, and convictions on all woulda been more n stronger evidence in MANY MORE CIVIL SUITS. also they made many of his victims feel revictimized so they wouldn't come forth and pursue civil litigation against the county for their pain n suffering as well but instead was dealt yet more pain n suffering by being silenced and feeling belittled by the system that was supposed to protect them or that shoulda compensated them for the counties failure to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always post anonymous, but it was my daughter in the above post ,thank you for your kind words,its too late for my daughter,she remains a mess to this day,she is an addict,and my chance to help her was when she was 14 ,that chance was taken from me,I'm just glad they didn't let him out on home confinement,and yes there are plenty others involved in this ,Trooper Dave McMillion especially,but even he will think twice before he does it again,to someone else's daughter,so if nothing else comes of this,at least I know that.

      Delete
  4. Thank you,I haven't even been back on here since I posted this , I tried to tell them all for the last 15 yes I have complained, I am intimidated and afraid of them,I was so glad that they denied tottens petition,its to late to help my daughter,but at least the rest of them got the message that it wasn't okay,what he did was wrong,and he will remain in jail where he belongs,thank you

    ReplyDelete

We are making comments available again! You are free to express your First Amendment Rights Here!

About Me

A local archivist who specializes in all things Pocahontas County