Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

More on the Town Fire from the Dirtbean Lady







Norman, 

When I first ran to the street I saw no one.

 After managing to run back in after my dog, I tried to go in the shop to get the phone to call it in myself but couldn't. There was too much smoke. 

When I turned around from the shop door, I saw Shinaberry on the radio. I do not know what time he arrived and got on the radio or how long the fire was going before anyone noticed. 

All I know was that I was in the street alone for the first few minutes that I got out of my apartment. There is a lot of speculation, some of which may be justified. 

The sad thing is, we may never know for sure, only the Hudsons know the truth whether accidental or not.

 I would like to believe it was an accident. It serves me no good at this point to be resentful, though it is hard not to be at neighbors and a town government that tested my patience.

 I trust that the deputy and firemen involved all gave their best efforts to stop the fire. My shop and my home are gone. 

There is nothing anyone can do to bring back what I worked the last 9 years to establish. All I can do is try to figure out what I can and want to do from here. Hopefully town and the property owners can figure out a direction that will be positive for all. I know I need it right now. 

D'bean 



Editor's Note:  Everybody go to her facebook page.  She needs your support right now.  She is trying a comeback on line.  Maybe if that is successful, she might rebuild!!!!

Here's the ordering IP











No comments:

Post a Comment

We are making comments available again! You are free to express your First Amendment Rights Here!

About Me

A local archivist who specializes in all things Pocahontas County