February 7, 2017
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
9:00 a.m. Board of Review and Equalization Hearings.
9:15 a.m. Jason Bauserman and Bob Sheets Pocahontas County Historic Landmarks Commission – Annual Update.
9:30 a.m. Christine Mitchell, et als Dominion Resources – Discussion and/or Action-Update on Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
10:00 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Contribution/Funding Requests Various Individuals, Groups and Organizations.
Rebecca Spencer Pocahontas County Reading Council - Request for Contribution.
Mary Dawson Watoga State Park Foundation, Inc. - Request for Contribution for Watoga State Park Swimming Pool Improvements.
Sarah Riley High Rocks Educational Corporation – Request for Contribution.
Bob Must Yew Mountain Center – Request for Contribution.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
Approve Improper Charges.
County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
Discussion and/or Action – County Commission Board Updates.
Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Historic Landmarks Commission-Appointment of Ruth Taylor as Board Member for Five Year Term Expiring June 30, 2021.
Discussion and/or Action – Bartow-Frank-Durbin Letter of Support for Relocation of Sub-Station to Former Sheets Garage Building in Green Bank, West Virginia.
Discussion and/or Action – Budget Revision and Resolution State Grants $820.00 (Co. Clerk’s Office) and Election Reimbursement $661.00 (Co. Clerk’s Office).
MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS
1. Who is going to pay for it?
2. Why are they moving the substation?
3. Why not use the new one at Cass Intersection?
4. Is this a prelude for a county wide fire fee?
5. Is it good to move a fire station farther away from its singled greatest asset, NRAO.
6. How does this improve fire protection for NRAO?
7. What about Cass?
8. Is someone trying to close Cass station down?
9. How will this affect the county tax base if the dealership is removed from the tax rolls?